Terms and Conditions of Booking
1. A booking will be confirmed in writing once a deposit has been received. A provisional reservation will be held open for seven days – if no deposit is received within this time the reservation may lapse or the dates may be lost.
2. A deposit equal to 50% of the full rental is payable initially on booking, the balance becoming due six weeks prior to arrival. A booking made within six weeks of arrival is payable in full at the time of booking.
3. Cancellation by you – in the event of cancellation the following will apply:-
More than 90 days before arrival – deposit less £25.00 per week will be refunded.
61 to 90 days before arrival – deposit less 25% will be refunded.
43-60 days before arrival – deposit less 50% will be refunded.
42 days or less before arrival – deposit forfeited.
In the event that the cottage is successfully re-let for all or part of the cancelled dates, a refund will be given for the re-let portion less £25.00 for each week.
Cancellation insurance can be provided through insurance companies and intermediaries.
Cancellation by us – where exceptional circumstances force us to cancel your booking, all monies paid by you will be refunded.
4. All bookings start and end on a Saturday (except short-stay breaks, and where other arrangements have been agreed.) – Access to the Cottage is from 16:00 on the day or arrival, to be vacated by 10:00 on the morning of departure.
5. Parking for two cars is available on our own land adjacent to the cottage.
6. Gas and electricity are included in the rental cost, subject to fair usage.
7. Freshly-laundered bedding and towels are provided for your stay – please provide your own beach towels. For rentals extending beyond one week, a bedding and towel change is available on each Saturday, together with a cottage ‘freshen-up’.
8. Renter’s responsibilities – A £50.00 deposit against damage/breakages is payable on arrival – any losses in excess of this will be paid by the renter. The deposit or any part of it remaining unused will be refunded to the renter 7 days after the end of the rental period.
The renter agrees to take good care of the property and its contents, and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition on departure. If extra cleaning or other remedial work is required due to the property not being left in a satisfactory condition, we reserve the right to make a charge for such work.
The renter will permit the owner and/or his agent reasonable access to the property.
The renter will not remove any item from the property, and will not allow any person not included in the original booking from occupying the property without the express permission of the owner and/or his agent.
The renter and all members of his/her party occupying the property will at all times respect the privacy and enjoyment of others.
9. The owner and /or his agent shall not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, accident, injury or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the renter or any other person may suffer or sustain arising out of, or in respect of, any letting other than through the proven negligence of the owner and/or his agent.
10. We try to ensure that the cottage and all its fixtures and fittings are in good order for your stay – we want you and your party to obtain maximum enjoyment from your holiday.
If you find anything not up to this standard, please bring it to our attention and we will endeavour to rectify the problem with the minimum of delay.
11. If any item fails during your stay, please let us know as soon as possible – even if it’s only a light bulb. Minor accidents, such as a spillage or a broken item of crockery can be addressed with a minimum of fuss.
12. Smoking is not permitted inside the cottage at any time – please respect this for the safety and comfort of all guests.
13. Pets of any kind are not accepted.
14. This Contract is made subject to the terms and conditions of booking, and will be governed by English law subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If any booking terms or conditions are found to be invalid or unenforceable then the remaining terms and conditions will not be affected.